Tuesday 31 January 2012

Boolean and ProBoolean

Boolean and ProBoolean allow you to subtract one object from another. To do this you create two objects, in this case I used the Drill Head from the Lofting exercise as the first object and then entered some text. I entered the text "The Drill" and extuded it slightly, I then placed the text over a side of the box attatched to the Drill and intersected it slightly. I then selected the box and chose the Boolean tool. I then picked the Text as Boolean B and subtracted it. This left an indentation in the block from the Text. However, when viewing the Wire Frame I found that it had created lots of extra lines. ProBoolean works the same, but doesn't leave the lines in the Wire Frame so I used this after the Boolean.


No comments:

Post a Comment