Tuesday 7 February 2012

Leonardo Da Vinci's Tank

Today I made and attempt and modelling Da Vinci's Tank. To start with i created it by using three cones, one for the base, one for the centre and the final one for the top. I then made some cylinders to work as stilts for the viewing area. For the Cannons i made the main body using a cylinder and then used Proboolean with a smaller width but longer length cylinder to create the inside of the barrel. The Ridge on the end was made by lofting a circle and placing it on the end of the cylinder.

Once I pieced the parts together I added a wood texture to the three cones. I then attempted to rotate the texture on the main body of the Tank using a UVW map, however this caused the texture to bend due to the shape of a cone. With Richards help I was able to learn and use "Path Constraints" and "Shapshot Array" to create another body for the Tank. This technique allowed me to copy a object in the shape of a wooden plank around a circular path. I then edited the shape to be smaller width at the top and wider and the both. I then repeated the steps for the material again and I was able to get the planks aligned in the correct direction.


No comments:

Post a Comment